Sunday 26 February 2012

Correct Procedure for Mobile Number Portability From Loop Mobile to other Operator


I was a user of Loop Mobile ( Dus ka Gang ) for last three years. Due to a few reasons I wanted to move to Idea Cellular Network.

This post is basically tutorial about  How to Port your number from One Operator To Other 
Since I had given my number to many people MNP was the only option for me. I searched the internet for ways to port out of Loop Mobile and was shocked to find out that a large number of people faced problems to port out.

This Loop Mobile MNP problem had restricted me for months to do the transfer.
Now I am going to tell you the correct way to port out of Loop Mobile


Step 1.
Loop insist that you should be in the BASE plan before porting out.
Just call the customer care and tell him you want to port out ( he may hang up :) !! , just call again! )
He will tell you that you must be in BASE plan and give you the instructions to do so.
Just follow the instructions ( Simple sms like BASE to 50505, but confirm it again!!)
The Plan will change in 3 Hours so wait for three hours


Step 2.
In the BASE Plan.
Once your in the base plan your call rate will be very high.
Mine were Rs.1 per min all calls and Rs.1.50 per SMS!!
Now move to Step 3


Step 3.
Request For Unique Porting Code
Send a Request for Unique Porting Code to 1900
Best way is to got to Mobile Gallery of the operator you want to port your number.
I went to the IDEA gallery in Ghatkopar. He gave me the instruction for getting the UPC ( sms PORT <your 10 digit mobile number> to 1900)
UPC will be recieved immediately.


Step 4.
Filling the new Registration Form 
Take the necessary documents to new Operators Mobile gallery along with UPC and fill the Form ( Usually the sales boy fills it)
Dont make any mistakes here (dont give them a chance for rejecting ur form!)
Pay the new operator charges for New Sim card ( They charged me Rs.25 although TRAI had set maximum charge to Rs.19)


Step 5.
Start Calling your Current Operator's customer care Frequently 
Call the Customer care and ask him when will your number be ported.
One Customer Care Operator told me 7 Days
One told me 90 days!
But I didnt budged I used to call them atleast 3 times in a day!
Don't Lose hope if they hang up your calls.
If they give you bizzare answers tell him about TRAI 7 days policy.
If he tells you 90 days tell him that is never mentioned in the TRAI rules


Step 6.
Call from Loop Mobile regarding your Porting Request
Finally you will get a call from Loop Mobile regarding the porting request you submitted and why you want to port out.
Give any simple reason ( I said all my friends had IDEA  )


Step 7.
Message from 1901 Regarding the NO SERVICE period.
Success. Finally you will get a message regarding No Service period from 1901.
After this period Put your new operators SIM card in your mobile and Enjoy the service of new operator.


Note that this way I ported out my Number from Loop Mobile to IDEA.
Your Experience may be very very different.
These Steps should be used as a Guide and I am not responsible any consequences whatsoever


8 comments:

  1. hey vivek...its very useful article..keep it uploading such type of articles....thanx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just help me out here, when I went to Loop mobile gallery for information of port out, he said, you need to be in Base Plan, wait for 90 days, and then apply for port.
    Q1. Did you do the same(waited for 90 days), or just after change the plan, you apply for porting
    Q2. How long did it take (number of days) after application of porting to actually port out of loop
    He said, before porting, you need to deactivate all VAS services like Internet, SMS, Miss Call Alert. Dilemma here is, I need to go without Internet service for x numbers of day before it actually port
    Q3. Did you deactivate all your services?

    Regards,
    Shabbir

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will encourage all telecoms operators to provide services at an optimal level, and on the long run, it’s a WIN-WIN situation for the subscribers, the Network Operators and the Regulator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MNP is making the battle more fierce between telecom providers.The maximum profit will be attain by those who provides best services.Idea is the most favored one in MNP plan users.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Friends, I'd just Ported Out from LOOP... YahOOO!!...

    Be Sure first to get your number in (1.) Base Plan. (2.) Unsubscribe All your VAS (Value Added Services) like SMS scheme, Data Plan, Caller Tune...Etc... etc.... etc..

    Even if you are in base plan & after that any of your VAS is activated, they (Fuckers) will reject your MNP request simply saying the reason "Contractual Obligation". So be prepared.

    After deactivating all your VAS along with Base Plan, Apply for UPC & then fill new operator form (CAF).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mein msg bhejra toh kuch rep nai ara harami hai loop loot mobile hai

    ReplyDelete
  8. im unable to contact loop customer care as there is no network nor can i send sms to port my no. kindly help me with a no. on which i can call and request for porting my no.

    ReplyDelete